05 December, 2008

Roots Of Action













Filled with energy and fresh ideas, Michel Chikwanine and Katie Meyler of Free the Children shared their heart-moving stories in a dynamic multi-media presentation. Everyone left the auditorium with the hope and strong conviction that we can be the positive change in our world today.







Our O'Ambassador Student Leadership Team also had the privilege of participating in an all day Leadership Training workshop with Katie and Michel. Focusing on the United Nations Millennium Development Goals of poverty, education, health, and sustainable development, our students reflected on their dream for a new global community:

"I have a dream that one day I can be a voice for the voiceless... that my talents, whatever they may be, can change the world for the better. I have a dream to be the spark, the explosion that forces the world's eyes open. I dream of a world so full of love that there will be no place for hate, or injustice, or greed. I have a dream to leave this earth a better place than what it was when I entered..." Sonia, Class of 2009