02 December, 2011

International Day of Abolition of Slavery

This week you have been reading many articles on our blog regarding our advocacy efforts to help abolish Human Trafficking.  You may be wondering,  `why so much emphasis on this horrible situation in our world?'  I, myself, was thinking as I began a new post, "not another one!".  

If I was feeling this way, how must my two readers be feeling?  Then the answer came to me. HUMAN TRAFFICKING MUST BE STOPPED!  Young girls lives were at risk and we needed to do something.   We have a part to play in history and no one's signature can take the place of our own.
The United Nations declared December 2 as the International Day of Abolition of Slavery.  
As you are aware, we reached out to be in partnership with St. Scholastica Academy in the Philippines.  We would like to introduce you to a Lion-Hearted Woman with whom we are blessed to work together on this 21st Century Modern Day Slavery.  


This is only the first of many partnerships being planned by our student Campus Ministers called the Globe Changers.