02 December, 2011

LION-HEARTED WOMEN

Benedictine Academy Student Campus Ministry Leaders (known as the Globe Changers) reached out to St. Scholastica Academy High School in the Philippines to join us in our advocacy efforts to commemorate December 2, the International Day of the Abolition of Modern Slavery.

As a result, we recently received the following e-mail from several Lion-Hearted Women that was most inspiring and empowering:

Recently I had been invited by Goodwill Ambassador for the Jefferson Institute, Jan Chavez-Arceo, to participate in the  global campaign against human trafficking & modern-day slavery.  I am also partnering with my school, St. Scholastica's College  Manila, as I had been a long time supporter of their project,  "Bahay Lila" a house for battered women and children.  For your information, I will be representing my company and  include this in my Civility Counts Projects here in Manila. I am  confident that lending a hand to this cause will definitely give  this campaign the push it needs so that those very vulnerable,  especially young women will not be victimized. I urge you to join us in championing this cause. Should you have  any questions, Jan and I will be more than glad to be of assistance.  Thank you and all the best.  

Warm wishes, Ms.OMS. OLEN JUAREZ-LIM, AICI FLCManaging DirectorOJL Consulting Group

We are sincerely humbled by the opportunity to join forces against the gross injustices of human trafficking with these Lion-Hearted Women in the Philippines!